- My job is to save the fucking wilderness. I don't know anything else worth saving.
- One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.
- Seldom Seen Smith in The Monkey Wrench Gang, pg. 313
- Heaven is home. Utopia is here. Nirvana is now.
- Abbey's Road (1979)
- We're all undesireable elements from somebody's point of view.
- Abbey's Road
- May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
- Earth Apples: The Poetry of Edward Abbey (1994)
- Without courage, all other virtues are useless.
- Confessions of a Barbarian: Selections from the Journals of Edward Abbey, 1951-1989 (1994)
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."
" Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. "
"The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders. "
Viva Edward Abbey
George Carlin R.I.P.